Liberian authorities say they have impounded two foreign fishing vessels and are seeking US$1million in compensation, the Ministry of National Defense has confirmed.Defense Minister Brownie Samukai said on Friday that one of the boats was a Chinese vessel that paid “just US$700” for a permit to import 40 tons of fish into the country.However, Samukai told ELBC radio that officials later discovered that the permit was being used for multiple vessels carrying a total of 130 tons of fish.“The other vessel is a Spanish-owned, but bears Senegalese-flag,” Samukai is quoted in a press release.The ministry is citing 25 violations, and for that, the boat has been impounded and its crew detained by state security.According to security sources, overfishing remains widespread along Liberia’s coastline due to lack of resources to empower the Coast Guard to effectively patrol the coastline.It can be recalled that on February 6, Min. Samukai disclosed that the Coast Guard arrested a Senegalese vessel which, according to him, has been fishing in violation on Liberia’s coast on the Atlantic Ocean. He said the Liberian Coast Guard arrested the vessel to expose its illegal operations on the shores of Liberia.He explained that Hispasen7 is a fishing vessel that has been illegally operating on the shores of Liberia and faces 25 violations.Minister Samukai said the vessel has an expired Senegalese fishing license, missing International Sewage Certificate, missing crew contract, expired sanitation certificate, which was issued in Dakar on June 27, 2014 with six months validity, and accommodation areas that are unhygienic. He said: “these are not in compliance with International Labor Standards.”“A document found on the ship did not report entries of any catch on Liberian waters, and also did not report any failed Automatic Identification System and Vessel Monitoring System,” Samukai told reporters.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
…to include APNU/AFC, PPP officials with assets stashed awayPeople’s Progressive Party (PPP) General Secretary Bharrat Jagdeo has promised that should his party win office at the next elections, it will investigate the ill-gotten gains of corrupt officials, regardless of which party they belong to.Jagdeo made this commitment at his final press conference for the year, against the backdrop of constitutionally due elections following Government’s fall after a successful no-confidence vote in the National Assembly. He said the next PPP Government would contract a specialised firm to trace the ill-acquired assets ofOpposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo has long called for Government to hire a firm to track the assets of MPsanyone, regardless of party affiliation.The former President went on to specify that this included officials from his party’s former Government and also from the current A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change (APNU/AFC) coalition.“We’ve seen how SOCU [Special Organised Crime Unit] and some of the others behave to go after people. A lot is at stake for (Government). One of the first things we will do, and I’m committing to doing this, is we will hire a company.”Jagdeo added that this would be “a specialised company to trace all the assets of former Government officials and current ones. When I say former, I mean from the past, our regime, as well as this regime. This is one of the first things we will do when we get into office.”Jagdeo has for quite some time urged the Government to call in a firm to investigate the assets of all Members of Parliament that may be stashed overseas.Government has never taken up the offer although the Integrity Commission has been resuscitated. Also, as many as 50 forensic audits were initiated when the Government got into power in 2015. Over $130 million had been spent on these audits.Having been completed by a number of local audit firms, some were, quite some time ago, handed over to the Police for investigation. Not one has produced a conviction. Several have, however, led to acquittals.The audits which did result in Police action include probes into the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB); the Guyana Marketing Corporation (GMC) and the National Industrial and Commercial Investments Limited (NICIL).Former GRDB General Manager Jagnarine Singh; his former deputy, Madanlall Ramraj; and former GRDB accountant Peter Ramcharran were jointly slapped with 34 charges alleging fraud committed between the years 2011 and 2012. Charges against Ramcharran were withdrawn in 2017, as he was out of the jurisdiction.Then, prosecution against former GMC General Manager Nizam Hassan and his co-accused, Felicia De Souza-Madramootoo, collapsed after a total of 34 witnesses were called by the prosecution to support the allegations of fraud against the duo. One of the first victims of the audit, Hassan had the allegations dismissed owing to lack of evidence, and he has been reinstated to his job as GMC Chief Executive Officer.After several months of investigating a case born from the NICIL audit, SOCU officers, back in March 2017, arrested several former Government Ministers and officials, including former President Jagdeo, over the purchase of plots of land at “Pradoville II”, on the East Coast of Demerara (ECD). Opposition parliamentarian Irfaan Ali, who formerly served as Housing Minister, was charged in this matter, which the Opposition insists is politically motivated.
Swine:Grand Winner Kielee OlmsteadReserve Brenden StruderAdvertisement The North Peace District 4-H Club held their annual 4-H Achievement Days over the weekend. Here are just a few of the results:Sheep:Grand Winner Rebecca Kantz- Advertisement -Reserve Winner Sydney SpitzerAdvertisement Beef:Grand Winner Tanner GardnerReserve Marle WitzelCongratulations to all the participants in this year’s annual 4H Achievement Days.
Steven Gerrard 1 Former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard has dropped a huge hint that he may retire from football next year.The 35-year-old joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy in the summer after a club career that saw his play over 700 games for the Reds.Gerrard arrived in the United States halfway through the season, and while he enjoyed initial success, marking his debut with a goal for the first of two strikes in 14 games, his campaign eventually ended in disappointment.The Galaxy were knocked out of MLS the play-offs by Seattle Sounders last week, and Gerrard has revealed he is keen to hang up his boots with a piece of silverware in his grasp.“It could be my last season as a footballer. I certainly don’t want to feel like I’m feeling right now come next year,” Gerrard said on Galaxy’s website.“I’d love to go out on a high. It’s a long season and I only came here for the last four months, but I’ll certainly be better for the experience next year.”Gerrard, who is due back in England next week before returning to Los Angeles for pre-season training in January, admitted the experience of playing in the US was a learning curve.“Going on the road, playing on turf, playing at altitude, playing in humidity, those are the hurdles that I’ve had to face over the last three months that I wasn’t aware of.“Every away game has a different challenge.“At home, we’ve got no problems because we’re very strong and we play well. We’ll always win more than we lose.”
Kateregga joined Cape Town City from KCCA FC last year. (PHOTOS/Courtesy)“Thank you Cape Town City FC for the opportunity. I would never thank you enough. I wish the club the very best for the future,” wrote Allan Kateregga on his official Twitter handle.The statement came hours after it was confirmed that the Uganda Cranes midfielder had parted ways with the Premier Soccer League (PSL) side.According to Sports 256, ‘Dancing Rasta’ as he is commonly known, turned down a second consecutive loan spell which Cape Town was proposing to him, prompting the two sides to part ways.Kateregga spent the second half of the 2018/19 season on loan at Maritzburg United for whom he featured in 8 league games, scoring two goals.Upon return to Cape Town, he was informed by the club Chairperson, John Comitis that they intended to loan him out again, a move he turned down.Comitis is understood to have informed Kateregga that they (Cape Town) were not planning on registering him as one of the 5 foreign players they intend to use in the upcoming season. The PSL rules state that a club can only register a maximum of 5 foreign players during a particular season.Dancing Rasta joined Cape Town City in 2018 from KCCA FC but found playing time hard to come by. He was then loaned out to Maritzburg in January 2019.After impressing at Maritzburg and featuring for the Uganda Cranes at the just concluded AFCON finals in Egypt, he was hoping to seal a starting spot at his parent club, a dream that has not been turned to reality.The left-footed playmaker’s next destination is currently unknown. Kateregga has also previously featured for SC Victoria University, AFC Leopards and Tusker FC.In other transfer development, StarTimes Uganda Premier League side Wakiso Giants confirmed the signing of exciting young midfielder Hassan Ssenyonjo on Wednesday night.Ssenyonjo signed a three year deal with the Purple Sharks with an option to renew.Ssenyonjo (right) has signed a three year deal.Speaking after signing the deal, the former Mawokota FC player said that it is now time for him to realise his potential.“I am glad to be joining such an ambitious club,” he said. It’s time to realise my full potential and a big opportunity for me to play in the premier league, said Ssenyonjo.Kefa Kisala speaks highly of the former Uganda Cubs star and says he is a big addition to the team.“He is a very talented footballer, still young and wants to learn which is an important aspect,” said Kisala. “He can be a gem here and we are glad to have him,” he added.Ssenyonjo was a star for the Uganda Cubs team (U17) in 2015 and was later scouted by Qatar’s Aspire Academy where he has been before he returned to Uganda last year.Lately, he has been featuring in the Masaza Cup for Mawokota.Ssenyonjo becomes Wakiso’s 8th new signing in the offseason. The Purple Sharks have already signed Derrick Emukule, Aggrey Madoi, Ivan Sebuguzi, Hassan Senyonjo, Duncan Seninde, Simon Namwanja and Muwadda Mawejje.Kisala’s side are gearing up to take part in their debut StarTimes Uganda Premier League season.Wakiso who only started in 2018, finished second in the FUFA Big League 2018/19 to earn promotion to the top tier.Wakiso Giants will open up their 2019-20 campaign with a Pilsner Super 8 duel with the league champions KCCA on Tuesday next week.Comments Tags: AFCON 2019Allan katereggaCape Town City FCHassan SsenyonjoKCCA FCMaritzburg Uniteduganda cubsWakiso Giants FC
Donegal death notices for today, Friday, August 25. Vincent GERAGHTYThe death has occurred of Vincent Geraghty, Sandycove, Co. Dublin, formerly of Milford, Co. Donegal; Born March 1925 in Oldcastle, Co. Meath, passed away peacefully on 23rd August 2017 in the tender care of Breda and her staff at Carysfort Nursing Home, Glenageary. Dear husband of the late Annette, loving father of Katherine, Maeve and Edward. Much loved Papa to Katy, Patrick, Rachel, Jack and Alice. Sadly missed by his children, grandchildren, son-in-law Ivan, daughter-in-law Marites, extended family and friends. Reposing Monday in Quinn’s of Glasthule from 5pm to 7pm. Removal on Tuesday to St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule for 10am Requiem Mass followed by cremation in Mount Jerome Crematorium. Cara BYRNEThe death has occurred of Cara Byrne, Drumcarbit, Malin, Donegal.Removal took place yesterday from Murphy’s Funeral Home, Burnfoot to their late residence. Removal on Saturday at 11.15am to St. Mary’s Church, Lagg, Malin for Requiem Mass at 12 noon. Burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery. House private from 10pm until 11am and strictly private on the morning of the funeral. Willie ROSEThe death has occurred of Willie Rose, Keelogs, Inver, Donegal, suddenly at Letterkenny University Hospital. Reposing at Gallagher’s Funeral Home, Station Road, Mountcharles since yesterday from 1pm with removal at 2pm to his late residence at Keelogs, Inver.Removal on Saturday to St. Naul’s Church, Ardaghey for 11am Funeral Mass followed by burial in Cranny Road Cemetery, Frosses. Family flowers only. Donations in lieu, if so desired, to the Donegal Cancer Bus and the National Council for the Blind of Ireland. Family time from 10pm until 12 noon and on the morning of the funeral. John MCFADDENThe death has occurred of John McFadden, Moyra, Falcarragh, Donegal.Reposing at his mother Maureen McFadden’s residence, Moyra, Falcarragh from 5pm last Thursday evening, August 24th. Funeral Mass on Saturday, August 26th, at 11am in St. Finan’s Church, Falcarragh with burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery. House private please from 11pm until 10am and on the morning of the funeral. Neighbours and friends welcome. Rosary both nights at 9pm. Family flowers only. Donations in lieu if desired to the Donegal Hospice. Mary (Donnie) GALLAGHERThe death has occurred of Mary (Donnie) Gallagher, Ranafast, Donegal.Reposing at her late residence since 4pm Thursday, August 24th. Removal on Saturday, August 26th, at 10.30am for 11am Funeral Mass in the Star of the Sea Church, Annagry with burial afterwards in the Old Cemetery. House private from 11pm to 10am. Rosary both nights at 9pm. Family flowers only, donations in lieu to Aras Ghaoth Dobhair.Donegal Death Notices – Rest in Peace was last modified: August 25th, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:obituaries
Click here if you’re unable to view the gallery on your mobile device.OAKLAND – This time, the Warriors ran out of bodies. This time, the Warriors could not overcome the obstacles.The Warriors fell short in a 114-110 loss to the Toronto Raptors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Thursday, denying them a chance to extend their dynasty after winning three NBA championships in the previous four years.The Warriors played the last 15 minutes without Klay Thompson, who went out with a knee injury …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association (OCWGA) won three awards at the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) Awards Banquet at Commodity Classic in New Orleans. OCWGA was awarded the inaugural NCGA “Reaching for Excellence” award, highest percentage increase award and highest numeric membership increase award.The growth in membership is a result of the creation of a young farmer membership program called The New Crop. OCWGA recruited over 800 students and young farmers, creating a 43% growth in membership.From the left, OCWGA project manager Ellen Gilliland, communications manager Stacie Seger, director of market development and membership Brad Moffitt, president Chad Kemp, and executive director Tadd Nicholson were recognized at Commodity Classic in New Orleans for their work with membership in Ohio.“After years of traditional recruitment, our membership demographics only reflected the people who are currently working on the farm,” said Brad Moffitt, OCWGA director of Membership and Market Development. “But there are many more important people in our industry that need to join us. By recruiting millennials, who we define as 15- to 35-year olds, we immediately increased our quality, quantity and diversity.”The New Crop is a sub-group of membership focused on preparing young adults and new professionals to be a part of a professional association. Through special communication, events and opportunities, students and young farmers learn more about the industry and how to be engaged with the issues that affect agriculture. A partnership with Beck’s Hybrids helped OCWGA get The New Crop off to a successful first year.“We are excited and honored to receive this award,” said Chad Kemp, OCWGA president. “But we are more excited for how the newly energized and growing membership will strengthen our association. The New Crop is the future of the industry and their leadership provides great comfort to me as a farmer.”The “Reaching for Excellence” award is presented to a state to spotlight new approaches and encourage implementation of such advances in other states facing similar challenges.
Cloud Hosting for WordPress: Why Everyone is Mo… Tags:#Facebook#now#Waze Related Posts Serverless Backups: Viable Data Protection for … Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting If Israel-based mapping company Waze does get picked up by one of the big Silicon Valley suitors rumored to be courting, it won’t be by Facebook.(See also Facebook Rumored To Purchase Traffic App Waze For $1 Billion.)Reports are out today that Facebook is no longer in talks with Waze for a possible buy. Reasons for the break down in discussions are not clear, but the rumor mill is claiming that Waze may not have wanted to relocate to California. Of course, maybe Waze got a better offer from one of the other companies that have been rumored to be knocking at their door: a list that once included Apple and, most recently, Google. But wait, now Apple denies ever making any play for Waze.(Check out Waze Mapped As The Billion-Dollar Treasure.)Waze is the hotter than the Sun these days, but after a no-show from Apple and now a fall-out with Facebook, is the mapping company just another flash in the pan? readwrite How Intelligent Data Addresses the Chasm in Cloud
A Trinamool Congress party office was ransacked and vehicles ferrying BJP workers were set on fire in clashes that broke out following a rally by BJP chief Amit Shah at Kanthi in East Midnapore district of West Bengal on Tuesday, the parties claimed.Sources in the two parties said three persons were injured in the clashes. No confirmation was available from the police.‘Buses attacked’The BJP alleged that buses in which party workers were returning from Mr. Shah’s rally were ransacked and set on fire allegedly by TMC activists.The Trinamool Congress on the other hand claimed that BJP workers had attacked a local TMC party office in Kanthi and vandalised it.Irked TMC supporters then retaliated and clashes broke out, they said.“When our supporters were returning from Amit Shah’s rally they were attacked by TMC activists. This is a shame. We condemn it,” BJP State president Dilip Ghosh said.Senior TMC leader Suvendu Adhikari claimed that the BJP is trying to disturb peace and stability in the district.“BJP workers attacked our party offices and this led to retaliation by our workers. If our party office is attacked, are we going to offer sweets?” he said.Mr. Shah, addressing the rally, launched a scathing attack on the TMC government and vowed to uproot it.