News agency correspondent freed

first_img Organisation May 18, 2020 Find out more June 15, 2020 Find out more November 27, 2020 Find out more to go further Reports Equatorial GuineaAfrica Equatorial GuineaAfrica RSF_en November 12, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 News agency correspondent freed Newscenter_img Follow the news on Equatorial Guinea The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa Rodrigo Angue Nguema, the AgenceFrance-Presse stringer in Malabo, wasreleased on 11 November after being held for eight days at the city’s mainpolice station. He was arrested at his home on 3 November after he filed astory on 29 October reporting rumours that a coup d’état had been foiled. He remains under legal investigation, his lawyer said.—————————————————-05.11.2003News agency reporter arrestedThe Agence France-Presse correspondent in Equatorial Guinea, Rodrigo Angue Nguema, was questioned by police in Malabo on 4 November as part of an investigation by the country’s prosecutor-general. He is being held at police headquarters in Malabo.”The prime minister has asked the prosecutor-general to look into the origin of the rumour about a coup attempt,” presidential foreign affairs adviser Miguel Oyono told AFP. “So far, the only source we have for it is this journalist.”————————————————-05.11.2003Reporters Without Borders expressed concern today about the arrest on 3 November of the Agence France-Presse news agency correspondent in Equatorial Guinea, Rodrigo Angue Nguema, and called for his immediate release.”We call on the authorities to explain why he is being detained and also to stop harassing him,” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Robert Robert Ménard. The journalist told Reporters Without Borders by telephone that he was arrested because of a story he filed on 29 October mentioning rumours of an attempted coup. He said he had received phone threats a few days earlier from someone close to the government who said he would prevent him from reporting on the president’s activities because of his criticism of the government. Angue Nguema had been banned from the June 2002 trial of 144 people accused of “attacking the head of state” after presidential security officials accused him of having contacts with the defendants and police said he had walked on a out-of-bounds pavement near the courthouse. The journalist said he was targeted because he had taken too close an interest in the beating of the defendants. Help by sharing this information News Not even coronavirus escapes Equatorial Guinea’s extreme censorship Receive email alerts Coronavirus “information heroes” – journalism that saves lives Newslast_img read more

Yopa reveals plans to help vendors prepare for Covid ‘second wave’

first_imgYopa is the first estate agent in the UK to reveal that it’s preparing customers for a second wave of Coronavirus with a special pack of advice and tech to help them sell their homes should it occur.Details of the ‘just in case’ preparations are within its latest results published this morning that, it claims, makes it the No.2 hybrid in the UK behind Purplebricks.Yopa has also said it supported the company’s local representatives financially by paying them ‘beyond the limits’ of their licence agreement during the lockdown.Also, it secured the second highest share of new listings during lockdown and listed more properties than all the other hybrid agencies put together, excluding Purplebricks.Tech preparationsIts Chairman and former Countrywide boss Grenville Turner says the company’s performance can be attributed to its pre-Covid technological preparations to ensure appraisals, new instructions and viewings could continue during the travel ban.He also says not having high street branches helped, as did enabling its customers to complete their own photography and virtual viewings.“We took steps in late February into early March to ensure we were prepared should the country go into lockdown and the market conditions deteriorate,” says Turner.“As a priority, we ensured our teams – from the central office and contact centre staff to local agents – were fully briefed and equipped to work from home by 17th March.“By 24th March, when the UK lockdown was implemented, all staff were working from home and our contact centre staff were only booking virtual valuations and viewings.”Read more about Yopa.grenville turner Purplebricks Countrywide YOPA June 17, 2020Nigel LewisOne commentAndrew Stanton, CEO Proptech-PR Real Estate Influencer & Journalist CEO Proptech-PR Real Estate Influencer & Journalist 18th June 2020 at 12:30 pmWell YOPA seem to be thinking ahead and planning their risk strategy, to be applauded, I am a little unsure that there business model though is GDPR compliant. Maybe they can let me know?I ask as on the YOPA website it says …’Yopa will let you know as and when buyers enquire about your property, and pass the details to you if you wish to get in touch with them directly before or after the viewing.’So there are quite a few issues around this – not least client confidentiality, but also the broader implications that GDPR is built upon. Also on their website they say they helped 10,000 homeowners sell their home last year, is that exchanged properties, or people who listed and maybe failed to sell? As again a bit ambiguous?Log in to ReplyWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Yopa reveals plans to help vendors prepare for Covid ‘second wave’ previous nextAgencies & PeopleYopa reveals plans to help vendors prepare for Covid ‘second wave’Plans are outlined in latest results for the company including the claim that it’s now firmly the UK’s No.2 hybrid estate agency.Nigel Lewis17th June 20201 Comment1,766 Viewslast_img read more