#BREAKING Molly Martens to be charged over death of Jason Corbett

first_imgWalk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended WhatsApp Email Print Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL NewsBreaking news#BREAKING Molly Martens to be charged over death of Jason CorbettBy Staff Reporter – January 4, 2016 1155 TAGSfeatured Previous article#BREAKING Apartment damaged in Limerick city blazeNext articleGardai appeal for information on missing Limerick man Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie First Irish death from Coronavirus center_img Linkedin No vaccines in Limerick yet Advertisement Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up MOLLY Martens and her father, a retired FBI agent Thomas Martens, are to face charges over the death of Limerick man Jason Corbett following a decision by a US Grand Jury.In a report by North Carolina media outlet The Dispatch this Monday night, the Davidson County Grand Jury has indicted Jason Corbett’s second wife Molly Martens and his father-in-law Thomas after he was killed at his Wallburg home last August.Tonight’s report by Darrick Ignasiak reads;“Davidson County Assistant District Attorney Greg Brown confirmed on Monday that the grand jury has indicted Molly Martens Corbett, 31, and her father, Thomas Michael Martens, 65, a resident of Tennessee, with second-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. They are accused of killing 39-year-old Jason Paul Corbett. Results of an autopsy and cause of death, together with the indictments were sealed by the court on foot of an application by prosecutors.“It was an extremely thorough investigation,” Davidson County Sheriff David Grice said.“We are pleased with the decision of the grand jury.”Sheriff deputies responded to the Corbetts’ residence just after 3am on August 2 last.Deputy C.S. Dagenhardt wrote in a report that while Deputy D. Dillard was on route to an assault at 160 Panther Creek Court, the Davidson County 911 Center advised the caller had been in an argument with his son-in-law and struck him with a baseball bat.DCSO patrol deputies arrived at the address and found a man inside the home with head injuries.The 39-year-old Limerick man and father of two died as a result.Jason Corbett left behind two children from his first marriage to Mags, Jack and Sarah. She died tragically in 2006 from an asthma attack.His death resulted in a custody battle between Molly Martens, and Jason Corbett’s sister Tracey Lynch and her husband David.Following a bitter row, Davidson County Superior Court judge upheld the December 8 decision of a District Court judge who reviewed the order of guardianship of the two children to the Lynch family.Superior Court Judge Ted Royster said District Court Judge April Wood was correct in ruling Brian Shipwash, Clerk of Superior Court, was within his jurisdiction to grant guardianship to Tracey and her husband as per Jason’s wishes in his last will and testament.The children returned home and are said to be doing very well in Limerick since.Since that decision, Molly Martens has pursued a campaign through her personal social media page of posting messages in the hope that the two children will see them.Responding to this Monday’s decision by the Davidson County Grand Jury, the Lynch family said that “our confidence and trust in the Davidson County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney has been reaffirmed by today’s decision.”In a post to the “Bring Justice for Jason Facebook page, Jason Corbet was described as a “kind man who lived his life with integrity and generosity of spirit.“Hatred is not an emotion in our hearts, it only gives power to those who are not worthy of sharing the same oxygen”.It is understood that a date for the pair to be brought before Davidson County Superior Court is likely to be set in the coming days. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

MotoGP takes proactive approach to race integrity with Sportradar partnership

first_img Sportradar strikes first operator association MoU in Portugal December 16, 2019 Related Articles Share StumbleUpon Share MotoGP the highest level of professional motorcycle racing will join Sportradar’s integrity programme starting in its 2017 season.Announcing a motorsport first, MotoGP has asked Sportradar to provide its integrity monitoring services and consulting for all syndicated races including the monitoring of Moto 2&3 races.Moving forward Sportradar will monitor sports betting wagering on all competitive races utilising its in-depth Fraud Detection System (FDS).In addition, Sportradar will deliver five Education and Prevention Workshops to a wide range of participants and stakeholders, as well as providing an e-learning program for all riders and teams.MotoGP governance welcomed Sportradar services, stating that it wanted to be proactive and resolute in maintaining the sports positive reputation and integrity.Andreas Krannich, Managing Director Integrity Services at Sportradar welcomed MotoGP to Sportradar services commenting“We do speak to sports who feel distant or immune to the problem of fixing. That is not MotoGP’s stance. They have been inquisitive, invested and definitive.They have sought the full suite of our Integrity Services to ensure that no stone is left unturned and that no compromises are made. We look forward to working with them and their stakeholder for the next few years and helping them keep MotoGP an example of best practice in the world of motorsports”. Sportradar: Football’s match fixers enter the betting early June 19, 2020 Sportradar combats social media abuse with player protection solution August 17, 2020 Submitlast_img read more