Organisation May 18, 2020 Find out more June 15, 2020 Find out more November 27, 2020 Find out more to go further Reports Equatorial GuineaAfrica Equatorial GuineaAfrica RSF_en November 12, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 News agency correspondent freed News Follow the news on Equatorial Guinea The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa Rodrigo Angue Nguema, the AgenceFrance-Presse stringer in Malabo, wasreleased on 11 November after being held for eight days at the city’s mainpolice station. He was arrested at his home on 3 November after he filed astory on 29 October reporting rumours that a coup d’état had been foiled. He remains under legal investigation, his lawyer said.—————————————————-05.11.2003News agency reporter arrestedThe Agence France-Presse correspondent in Equatorial Guinea, Rodrigo Angue Nguema, was questioned by police in Malabo on 4 November as part of an investigation by the country’s prosecutor-general. He is being held at police headquarters in Malabo.”The prime minister has asked the prosecutor-general to look into the origin of the rumour about a coup attempt,” presidential foreign affairs adviser Miguel Oyono told AFP. “So far, the only source we have for it is this journalist.”————————————————-05.11.2003Reporters Without Borders expressed concern today about the arrest on 3 November of the Agence France-Presse news agency correspondent in Equatorial Guinea, Rodrigo Angue Nguema, and called for his immediate release.”We call on the authorities to explain why he is being detained and also to stop harassing him,” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Robert Robert Ménard. The journalist told Reporters Without Borders by telephone that he was arrested because of a story he filed on 29 October mentioning rumours of an attempted coup. He said he had received phone threats a few days earlier from someone close to the government who said he would prevent him from reporting on the president’s activities because of his criticism of the government. Angue Nguema had been banned from the June 2002 trial of 144 people accused of “attacking the head of state” after presidential security officials accused him of having contacts with the defendants and police said he had walked on a out-of-bounds pavement near the courthouse. The journalist said he was targeted because he had taken too close an interest in the beating of the defendants. Help by sharing this information News Not even coronavirus escapes Equatorial Guinea’s extreme censorship Receive email alerts Coronavirus “information heroes” – journalism that saves lives News
“Buster”“Silver Sun” Photo: Paul Citone On Saturday night, moe. hit Pappy & Harriet’s, an eclectic outdoor venue in Pioneertown, California. Located in Yucca Valley, California, Pioneertown was founded in the mid-1940s and meant to serve as an Old West movie set, complete old-timey storefronts of saloons, jails, and more. With such a unique tourist destination as the show’s venue, moe. offered up a truly stellar show, proving that jam was is alive and well in the wild west.Given the show’s location, the crowd was fairly intimate for the performance. However, the band offered a standout performance highlighted by the second set’s opening spring of “Water”, “Puebla”, and “Silver Sun”, as well as the first set’s standalone “Rainshine”. The first set also closed with a well-segued “Jazz Wank” into “Buster”, which was led in by the improv-heavy combo of “It” into “Head”.You can check out videos from last night’s show, courtesy of Paul Giza, as well as a full photo gallery below, courtesy of Paul Citone.Setlist: moe. | Pappy & Harriet’s | Pioneertown, CA | 7/7/2018Set One: White Lightning Turpentine, Threw It All Away, Rainshine, It > Head, Jazz Wank > BusterSet Two: Water > Puebla > Silver Sun, Brittle End, What Can I Say > The PitEncore: Tailspin“Rainshine” moe. | Pappy & Harriet’s | Yucca Valley, CA | 7/7/2018 | Photo: Paul Citone “It” > “Head” Load remaining images
The team of the tourist group Plava laguna (companies Plava laguna dd and Istraturist Umag dd) will present employment opportunities in their companies on Friday, October 27, and invite all interested to come to the Job Fair in Sisak organized by the Croatian Employment Service – Sisak Regional Office.The job fair will be held tomorrow at 10,00 in the Hotel Panonija (I. Kukuljevića Sakcinskog 21, SISAK) and from Plava Laguna we invite all those interested to come and get acquainted with the possibilities of seasonal work in Istrian destinations.Plava laguna dd is a company behind 60 years of successful work and development. In its accommodation capacities, it can accommodate over 20 thousand guests a day, of which more than 8 thousand in hotels and apartments, and over 12 thousand in campsites, which makes over 2,3 million overnight stays annually. It also has 360 berths in two marinas and a number of catering, sports and other facilities that complete the basic offer.Istraturist Umag dd is a Croatian company with more than 50 years of tradition in providing tourist services in hotels, apartments and camps. It manages 22.800 beds in 5 hotels, 5 camps and 4 apartment complexes. All Istraturist facilities are located on the northwest coast of the Istrian peninsula, along the 40-kilometer-long Umag Riviera.
___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Associated Press The government is allowing players to train individually at the clubs’ facilities while observing a series of safety measures pre-established by the league and local authorities.The league prepared a detailed four-phase training protocol that has already been distributed to clubs. Smaller group sessions and full squad sessions are likely to be allowed in the coming weeks.All players were expected to be tested for COVID-19 before resuming their training sessions.The Spanish league is expected to resume sometime in June.___ The Latest: La Liga to resume individual training sessions Serie A soccer clubs are in limbo with several regions of Italy allowing players to begin practicing on an individual basis at training centers on Monday while the government has set a May 18 return to the practice field for teams.Sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora is seeking clarification from the government’s techno-scientific coronavirus commission.Emilia-Romagna, Campania, Lazio and Sardinia have each given the go-ahead for teams in their regions to begin individual training. Those regions contain eight Serie A clubs: Bologna, Sassuolo, Spal, Parma, Napoli, Lazio, Roma and Cagliari.Serie A has been suspended since March 9, when the government ordered a nationwide lockdown.The government announced a week ago that individual athletes can resume training on Monday May 4, while teams can restart May 18. May 3, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the new coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Players from Spanish league clubs will be allowed to resume training on Monday as Spain eases some of the lockdown measures that had been in place because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Liam Cahill’s team will have to get the better of Limerick in order to claim the Irish Press Cup.Following their big semi-final win over Galway the Premier County are red-hot favourites to win this afternoon.The Tipp boss says there are lessons to be learned from what happened in the 1987 final against an unfancied Offaly side.
Yes, Jon Gruden and Co. haven’t done much to inspire anyone with the way they took the Raiders apart.Yet it had to be done.Gruden made it clear when he was hired by Mark Davis … ALAMEDA — As we wade through the disaster that is the 2018 Raiders, the question persists as to why it was necessary to dismantle a team that was one season removed from 12-4 and its first playoff berth in 14 years. CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceRAIDERS HQ
Click here if you’re unable to view the photo gallery on your mobile device.SAN JOSE — Nobody in the NHL is fully healthy this deep in the playoffs, as any coach or player will tell you.But the San Jose Sharks are suffering to a degree rarely seen after a 5-0 Game 5 loss to the St. Louis Blues.They lost four players to apparent injury during Game 5: defenseman Erik Karlsson, forwards Tomas Hertl and Joonas Donskoi, and captain Joe Pavelski. In the third period, they were down to nine men on …
A special CBI court on Thursday sentenced three brothers to life in prison for killing a 17-year-old girl five years ago. Special Judge Vinayak Singh also imposed a fine of ₹1.30 lakh each on the convicts – Rohtash, Sunil and Lalit – after holding them guilty under Sections 302 (punishment for murder), 307 (attempt to murder) and 452 (house-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). They were directed to pay ₹1.50 lakh and ₹50,000 to the girl’s parents Suresh Pal and Anita, respectively. Public prosecutor Darshan Singh said due to a land dispute, the assailants barged into the girl’s house in Muthber village under the Bhorakala police station and attacked her parents in March 2014. As the assailants fired upon her parents, the girl came in between and sustained gunshot injuries. Later, she succumbed to her injuries, said Singh. Initially, Rohtash, who was also allegedly involved in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots, had managed to evade arrest. Another suspect, Praveen, was given a clean chit during the investigation.
Nasser HussainHow far is Mumbai from Malegaon? Roughly 285 km, the distance between London and Sheffield. For the English cricket community, it became the distance between reality and perception.In the controversy over the England team’s tour of India this winter, British newspapers made Malegaon a suburb of Mumbai, and the,Nasser HussainHow far is Mumbai from Malegaon? Roughly 285 km, the distance between London and Sheffield. For the English cricket community, it became the distance between reality and perception.In the controversy over the England team’s tour of India this winter, British newspapers made Malegaon a suburb of Mumbai, and the entire country too close to Afghanistan for cricket’s comfort.The fuss dragged on for as long as the war, ending last week when 14 of the original 16 selected agreed to tour. The controversy played out in the British media distracted the Indian board from shouting at its team in South Africa, and ensured that the image of English cricket slipped back to one of moaning tourists out of touch with the rest of the world.TOURING SCARS: Andy Caddick (left) and Robert Croft’s pullout has led to grumbling, adding to Nasser Hussain’s woesJohn Carr, director of cricket operations, England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB), Tim O’Gorman, Professional Cricketers’ Association representative, and Peter Holland, first secretary, British High Commission, Delhi, travelled to Kolkata last week seeking reassurances about security.Every cricket team travelling to India has plainclothes Special Branch officers and uniformed policemen, an exclusive protection force of about 30 men, attached to it. When the three Englishmen met BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmiya, there were indications they talked about higher security-including, sources say, Black Cat commandos.Dalmiya insists security was hardly discussed during the Kolkata meeting but it’s not likely the Englishmen merely indulged in polite chitchat over tea. Specially since the BCCI chief had played a key role in forcing the ECB’s hand.advertisementThe decision to tour was prompted by a round of cricket diplomacy, Dalmiya style. When he heard of English reluctance to tour for fear of being caught in “anti-American riots” and general “civil unrest”, Dalmiya marched into the International Cricket Council meeting in Kuala Lumpur, threatening to “reconsider” India’s reciprocal tour of England next year.The ECB did a U-turn, invited British High Commissioner in India Rob Young to Lord’s to give the team the lowdown about life in the wild east. When five players dragged their feet over a final decision, Dalmiya spelt out a deadline of November 5. The ECB’s letter of confirmation was in the BCCI’s office in Mumbai on October 31.THREE’S COMPANY: (From left) Tim O’Gorman, John Carr and Peter Holland meet Jagmohan Dalmiya in KolkataThe England squad will arrive with some trepidation. It is learnt that coach Duncan Fletcher had “severe reservations” about touring, staying put at home in South Africa and making no attempt to persuade his players to make the trip. He has neither called for his customary pre-tour meeting nor put out his training schedule.Fast bowler Andy Caddick, who pulled out, is a reluctant traveller at best. Robert Croft’s decision not to tour was met with much head-shaking: from Indian batsmen waiting to wade into the Welshman’s brand of off-spin.Croft has played 21 Tests in five years and never bowled at Indian batsmen. It appeared that the only Englishman who was more than eager for the tour to be held was captain Nasser Hussain’s father Jawad. Hussain senior said that it was a family dream to have their son captain an England team in India.
Mumbai-based Great Eastern Shipping (G E Shipping) has taken delivery of a secondhand Aframax crude carrier from an unnamed party.The company had inked a contract to buy the 2011-built vessel in November 2016.The only ship that fits the description is the Phoenix Beacon, sold to G E Shipping in November 2016, according to data provided by VesselsValue. In November, the firm inked a contract to buy two Aframax crude carriers from Greece-based Phoenix Energy Navigation.The two tankers, the Phoenix Beacon and Phoenix Concord, were built by South Korean shipbuilder Hyundai Heavy Industries in 2011 and 2012, respectively.The 105,500 dwt Phoenix Beacon was purchased for USD 27.9 million, VesselsValue’s data shows.Including the newly delivered crude carrier, the G E Shipping has a fleet of 40 vessels, comprising 25 tankers and 15 dry bulk carriers with an average age of 9.33 years and an aggregate tonnage of 3.12 million dwt.Additionally, the firm plans to buy one secondhand Aframax and three secondhand Suezmaxes.World Maritime News Staff