.A LARGE crowd is expected this Sunday for a tractor run to raise money for the Paul Holian Recovery Fund.Paul was injured in an accident in July and since then the community of Ballyare and people all over Ireland have rallied round him and his family.The next fundraiser is this Sunday, October 2 – and tractors and their owners are welcome at Carr’s of The Diamond for registration at 11am. The run gets underway at 1pm and will take in Ramelton, Milford and Kilmacrennan before returning to Carr’s.Anyone taking part is asked for a minimum donation of €15 – with everyone taking part provided with free soup and sandwiches before it gets underway – and then free food afterwards including fish and chips or sausages and chips!So it promises to be a fun day out (the forecast is good) with tractors old and new taking part.All entrants will also be entered into a draw to win a specially-commissioned mirror…complete with a tractor theme. Music in the bar after the event is by Trevor Loughrey.For further information call Mickey on 089 4361072.Tractor run this Sunday for Paul Holian Recovery Fund was last modified: September 28th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
QPR boss Mark Hughes wants Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong and Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson, according to reports.Hughes has been linked with a number of players.Hughes was City’s manager when they signed De Jong, who is entering the final year of his contract at Eastlands.The Dutchman was only a substitute for his team’s last four matches of the season, which the Daily Mirror say has alerted Rangers to his possible availability.And the Daily Mail say Rangers and West Ham both want Robinson, who is tipped to leave Blackburn following their relegation.Meanwhile, Chelsea are ready to outbid Manchester United to land Belgian winger Eden Hazard, The Daily Telegraph report.The Blues are favourites to sign Hazard from Lille, with United said to be reluctant to pay the £35m asking price. Manchester City, who have also shown an interest, apparently have reservations about his wage demands.Hazard is expected to announce his future following Belgium’s friendly against England at Wembley next week.The Sun report Brazilian club Sao Paulo’s claim that Chelsea have made a £23m bid for 19-year-old midfielder Lucas Moura.The player’s adviser Wagner Ribeiro said: “He has the perfect profile to play in Europe. He’s a good player and knows how to shoot.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
QPR face Norwich City at Carrow Road on Saturday. Test your knowledge of the recent history involving the two clubs by seeing how many of these five questions you can answer correctly.[wp-simple-survey-16]Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Yes, Jon Gruden and Co. haven’t done much to inspire anyone with the way they took the Raiders apart.Yet it had to be done.Gruden made it clear when he was hired by Mark Davis … ALAMEDA — As we wade through the disaster that is the 2018 Raiders, the question persists as to why it was necessary to dismantle a team that was one season removed from 12-4 and its first playoff berth in 14 years. CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceRAIDERS HQ
SAN JOSE — The Sharks have their top six defensemen ready and available at the moment after Radim Simek returned to the lineup earlier this week. Now coach Pete DeBoer is getting closer to having a full complement of forwards at his disposal, as well.Melker Karlsson remains out with an upper body injury, but center Dylan Gambrell, who had missed the last three games with a hand injury, returned Thursday night as the Sharks hosted the Minnesota Wild in their fourth game of six-game homestand. …
28 July 2015The newly renovated Solomon Mahlangu Freedom Square in Mamelodi, northeast of Pretoria, in the city of Tshwane, reopened yesterday. It commemorates struggle heroes and heroines, including Mahlangu, who was born in the township.Tshwane Mayor Kgosientso Ramokgopa said the city spent R49-million on the first phase of renovations.“This is [in] honour of all the people who paid dearly for our democracy with their lives,” said Ramokgopa. “We have to ensure that Solomon’s death is not in vain.”Most of the renovations were concerned with earthworks, Ramokgopa said. “Perhaps by visual inspection you can’t see R49-million. The majority of the R49-million is sitting in the earthworks.”In the second phase of renovations, a museum and theatre will be added to the square.The statueThe statue of Mahlangu is now the anchor point of the square, and it faces the proposed Liberation Spine, a meandering pathway that will cross the park.The bronze statue was made by artist Angus Taylor. The first statue was unveiled in 2005, 26 years after Mahlangu was executed for being an anti-apartheid activist.Speaking on behalf of the family, Chief Lucas Mahlangu said they was honoured. He described the freedom fighter as a brave young man, who was not afraid of death.“Solomon played a role in our democracy. He fought against the injustices,” Chief Mahlangu said.About Solomon MahlanguAccording to South African History Online, Mahlangu joined the African National Congress (ANC) in September 1976. He trained as an Umkhonto weSizwe (MK) soldier in Angola and Mozambique before returning to South Africa in 1977 to assist with student protests.On 13 June of that year, Mahlangu and his companions, Mondy Johannes Motloung and George Mahlangu, were arrested for the deaths of two civilian men. Mahlangu pleaded not guilty but he was later charged with murder and terrorism, and executed. Mahlangu was buried in Atteridgeville, Tshwane.Watch Mike Terry, executive secretary of the Anti-Apartheid Movement, talk about the hanging of Solomon Mahlangu:On 6 April 1993, his body was reinterred at the Mamelodi Cemetery where his supposed last words on a plaque read: “My blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight.”Source: SAinfo reporter
NCAA rivals CJ Perez of Lyceum and Robert Bolick of San Beda were tabbed as early as the duration of Season 94 but Calvo just turned a deaf ear to the noise.“Actually I never thought of those topics, I never thought of the no.1 and no.2 spots in the Draft,” said Calvo who helped lead the Knights to a 13-5 record and the third seed of Season 94.“I’m just thinking what team wants me and where I will sign.”ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion MANILA, Philippines—JP Calvo was already one of the better point guards in the collegiate level during his final years with Letran and he showed his worth he topped all applicants for the 2018 PBA Draft.ADVERTISEMENT Hotel management clarifies SEAG footballers’ kikiam breakfast issue Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Business as usual in Champions League? Maybe not this season Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola? Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ The diminutive floor general was named the MVP of the PBA Draft Combine Thursday at Gatorade Hoops Center after leading Team A-2 over Team A-3, 76-64, in the finals.Although he had a game-high 23 points in that game, Calvo said he was just trying to put on a respectable show so the PBA coaches who attended the Combine would take notice of him.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chief“I didn’t expect that I would perform this way, maybe Lord just gave me this one,” said Calvo in Filipino. “But I really prepared for this so I could make sure that I will play well.”Calvo, despite his notoriety in the NCAA, was often overlooked especially when the conversation turns to the prospective top picks. SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion TS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening Lacson: 2019 budget delay due to P75-B House ‘insertion’ View comments LATEST STORIES
Kolkata: The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) will announce the results of Madhyamik examination 2018 on Wednesday. The results will be declared in a Press conference at the Board office in Salt Lake at 9 am. A senior official of WBBSE informed that the results can be accessed from as many as eleven websites, including www.webresults.in/wbbse.org, examresults.net/wb, westbengal.indiaresults and exametc.com, from 10 am onwards. Apart from this, candidates can also type WB 10, followed by their roll number and send it to 54242 or 5888 to receive their marks.It may be mentioned that a total of 11,21,921 candidates had appeared for Madhyamik examination this year, which is 31,075 higher than 2017. Among the examinees, 6,21,366 were girls, while 4,81,555 were boys. There were 2,811 centres in which the examination was held from 12 to 21 March.The results are being declared within 77 days of the completion of the examination.
Kolkata: A sanitation worker of Kolkata Municipal Corporation found a foetus inside a drain on Monday on the Becharam Chatterjee Street in Parnasree.The local councilor and the police were immediately informed and the foetus was sent for an autopsy examination. According to local residents, sanitation workers on Monday morning opened a manhole to clean the pit. One of them saw the foetus floating on the water. Local councilor Ratna Roy Chowdhury and Parnasree police station were informed. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BosePolice sent the foetus for an autopsy examination. According to source, the foetus was terminated at an advanced stage of pregnancy and the gender of the unborn baby could not be established. The details could be ascertained after the autopsy report is examined. Police officers are trying to know if any abortion was recently carried out at nearby hospitals and nursing homes. Officers are also checking if any accidental abortion case was recently reported. Police said since the abortion was carried out at an advanced stage of pregnancy, the woman who underwent the procedure might have been under medical treatment as well. It is suspected that someone from nearby areas could have disposed the foetus to erase any possible crime evidence.