Two journalists chased by neo-Nazis

first_img September 17, 2002 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Two journalists chased by neo-Nazis Follow the news on Sweden Help by sharing this information June 2, 2021 Find out more SwedenEurope – Central Asia Reporters Without Borders today condemned the harassment of two Swedish journalists investigating neo-Nazi activities and called on the authorities to take action.Documentary filmmaker Bjoern Lockstroem and Olof Abrahamsson, a photographer with the newspaper Kvals Posten, were covering municipal elections in the southern town of Karlskrona where candidates of the neo-Nazi National Socialist Front were standing.  As they were parked near a group of neo-Nazis on 15 September, Lockstroem was recognised and the journalists were chased through the town by neo-Nazis in six cars.  They managed to escape.”Lockstroem has been threatened several times before in his reporting of illegal neo-Nazi activities,” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Robert Ménard.  “They know him and he takes a risk every time he covers their activities.  We urge the authorities to be more vigilant about neo-Nazi threats against the media.”Five neo-Nazis smashed the windows of Lockstroem’s house in Motala (245 km southwest of Stockholm) on 19 May.  The attackers were arrested soon afterwards at a roadblock carrying clubs and teargas grenades. RSF_en Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU to go further Receive email alerts Swedish Reporters Without Borders awards press freedom prize to a Hungarian news sitecenter_img News April 14, 2021 Find out more News SwedenEurope – Central Asia News RSF urges Swedish judicial authorities to reverse Dawit Isaak decision Organisation News May 4, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

ServiceLink Announces Rebranding

first_img Is Rise in Forbearance Volume Cause for Concern? 2 days ago Tagged with: ServiceLink Share Save Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Subscribe ServiceLink, a provider of transaction services for the mortgage and finance industries, recently announced its new branding that is more in line with its parent company, Fidelity National Financial (FNF). This comes after FNF’s announcement last month of its distribution of equity interest in Black Knight. This restructuring caused ServiceLink to not be a Black Knight company, but still a member of the FNF family.The change isn’t expected to change day-to-day operations other than the logo design, color palette, and removal of references to Black Knight.“This new logo ties us more closely with the overall FNF brand while maintaining the recognizable visual elements of our prior logo. Also, our predominantly blue color palette further aligns us with our parent company while still providing us our own company identity,” said Chris Azur, CEO of ServiceLink. “This look allows us to continue to communicate our leading position in the industry – particularly in the areas of technology, innovation, and service.”LoanCare, a subsidiary of ServiceLink, is also part of the logo design, but will continue to remain “LoanCare, a ServiceLink company.”“ServiceLink and LoanCare customers and clients will see no change in their relationship with our organization,” Azur said. “They will continue to receive the same level of customer service that they have come to know and expect.” The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago October 8, 2017 2,033 Views Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago ServiceLink Announces Rebranding The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Home / Featured / ServiceLink Announces Rebranding  Print This Postcenter_img ServiceLink 2017-10-08 Brianna Gilpin Sign up for DS News Daily Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Brianna Gilpin, Online Editor for MReport and DS News, is a graduate of Texas A&M University where she received her B.A. in Telecommunication Media Studies. Gilpin previously worked at Hearst Media, one of the nation’s leading diversified media and information services companies. To contact Gilpin, email [email protected] in Featured, News, Secondary Market Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago About Author: Brianna Gilpin Related Articles Previous: Ocwen Welcomes Christopher Whalen as Senior Consultant Next: BSI Financial Services Welcomes Scott A. Johnson Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days agolast_img read more

Signups for Summer OCTC Theater Camps and Classes Now Open

first_imgThe Greater Ocean City Theatre Company will offer an array of camps and classes this summer.The lineup includes programs that are designed for the youngest students and serve as an introduction to the performing arts, as well as, classes for students with an extensive performing arts background.“Our arts educational programming continues to grow into a rewarding part of the Greater Ocean City Theatre Company” says Michael Hartman, OCTC artistic director. “Students who participate in summer programming experience the perfect balance of learning and fun, while being exposed to a professional and creative environment.”Below is a listing of class offerings that are still open. Enrollment is limited! To sign-up or for more information, visit the education page at www.oceancitytheatrecompany.com or call 609-398-1118.DAMN YANKEES MASTER CLASS FOR STUDENTS IN 6TH – 12TH GRADES (July 8): Learn the actual Broadway style choreography from the Greater Ocean City Theatre Company’s professional Mainstage production of  “Damn Yankees”THEATRE CAMP SESSION 2 (July 20 – July 31): Casting will begin the first day of camp as students prepare for a rewarding theatre experience performing the fully staged production LITTLE RED ROBIN HOOD. This show is not a musical so it is a great way to feature kids who do not like to sing/dance and allows kids who have a musical theatre background the opportunity to experience a play! This camp is open to students in 3rd – 8th grades.ACTING ANTICS GRADES 3 to 6 ( August 3 – August 7): This acting and improv-based workshop will focus on theatre games, acting technique, scene work, commercial monologues and other fun yet educational acting antics. This class is geared towards students of all levels and the focus will include building confidence, public speaking and general theatre awareness. There is no performance associated with this camp/class.DANCE WEEK 2015!, GRADES 5 to 12 (August 10-14): Each day will start with a group warm up and then the camp will split based on ability level and age.  Various professional dance instructors, choreographers and dancers will teach the class so the kids will be exposed to a wide form of dance stylesIMAGINATION STATION THEATRE CAMP FOR K-2 (August 3 – 7): This one week camp is geared for younger performers looking to gain experience in a fun, safe and imaginative setting. This creative time is perfect for your little one who already has aspirations of being a star.  Kids will experience creative movement, improvisational skills, mime, theatre games, storytelling, reader’s theatre and much more in this jam-packed, high-energy camp.  There will be an informal presentation at the end of the camp. The future stars of OCTC will have a chance to perform for their families at this informal show in our rehearsal studio.PRIVATE ACTING LESSONS: Grades 6th-12th GradeExperience one-on-one private acting lessons to perfect acting technique with trained instructors who have experience working to prepare for college auditions and school auditions. Develop personalized skills to make you a stronger, more confident performer. Private coaching can be generally technique based or targeted toward a specific role, monologue and/or upcoming audition preparation.PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS: Grades 4th-12thExperience one-on-one private vocal lessons to perfect vocal technique and singing skills with trained music instructors who have experience working to prepare for college auditions, school singing, musical theatre, classical music and choral works.There is limited enrollment for all camps and classes so we encourage early sign ups to reserve your space. Last year most camps filled up before the beginning of June! To learn more about the company, visit www.oceancitytheatrecompany.com for more information.— News release from the Ocean City Theatre Companylast_img read more

On the Twentieth Century Pushes Back Opening Night

first_img Star Files Kristin Chenoweth Show Closed This production ended its run on July 19, 2015 On The Twentieth Century The Kristin Chenoweth and Peter Gallagher-led Broadway revival of On the Twentieth Century has postponed its opening night to March 15; the musical had been set to open on March 12. The three-day postponement is a result of Gallagher missing a week of performances due to a sinus infection. As previously reported, Gallagher will resume preview performances on March 3. Directed by Scott Ellis, the Roundabout production will play a limited engagement through July 5.On the Twentieth Century features a book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green and music by Cy Coleman. It follows a down-and-out Broadway producer named Oscar Jaffe (Gallagher), who struggles to convince his former muse and lover, Lily Garland (Chenoweth), now a successful film actress, to return to Broadway in a (non-existent) epic drama about Mary Magdalene. While dealing with Lily Garland’s jealous new lover and a religious fanatic aboard a luxury train, Oscar hopes he can lure her back to the stage and salvage his sinking career.In addition to Chenoweth and Gallagher, the cast includes Tony nominee Andy Karl, Mark Linn‐Baker and Tony winners Michael McGrath and Mary Louise Wilson.On the Twentieth Century premiered on Broadway in 1978, and won Tony Awards for Best Original Score and Best Book of a Musical. Related Shows View Commentslast_img read more

Tyser quits Knight Frank

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Sofia Hayat hits back at trolls for slut-shaming her over nude pic

first_imgShe also posted a particualr comment which caught media attention. He wrote, “You are the actual reason of increasing rape culture in India. If India takes action against women like you which are promoting nudism rapist culture will end.” To which Sofia replied by saying, “I don’t read all my comments..but Times of India printed this one. This guy said this to my picture..so am shocked really that people like him think like this! Is he real? Do people like this exist? Tell me this is not what all Indians are like? What do you think of his comment? #timesofindia #rape #rapeculture #india #dailymail #thesun #thestandard #bbc.”Also read | Sofia Hayat flaunts her post-miscarriage body with aplomb; see picAlso read | Post ugly split with husband, has Sofia Hayat found love again?advertisement Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat’s personal life has always grabbed media attention. Be it her troubled marriage with Vlad Stanescu, unfortunate miscarriage or rumoured affair with Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma. Recently, Sofia posted nude pictures of herself on Instagram and they have created quite a stir on social media.Trolls not only slut-shamed her brutally but some of them even called her ‘a reason for increasing rape culture.’ But Sofia, as we know, doesn’t believe in taking things lying down. She gave a befitting reply to trolls by saying, “When will people grasp this truth instead of grabbing their dicks and calling women sluts! I have had a few guys email me asking for a one night stand after publishing these. Women even call other women sluts! Worse is they even tricked people into thinking religion tells you to cover up! People don’t get the true meaning behind stories like Adam and Eve.”They were innocent and walked about naked then the evil came and they looked at each other shamefully…so to come back to this, is divine; come back to how we were before the evil took over…your thoughts should be divine..see with love not lust..live with your heart…but it is the intention behind how you look at this.. my naked body .. that makes the difference. When they bow their heads infront of these gods in temples..do they get a hard on!!! No! They walk In bowing their head at the truth..beauty and divinity! Those that don’t…are effected by the devil! Influenced by his lies! Don’t be influenced by the dark! This image and women in true nakedness, (with the exception of pornography, which actually demonises the sacred feminine) is the divine goddess. Satnam Shivani Sundharam! Hare Om! Allah Hu Akbar!”advertisementlast_img read more

Between the Sheets opens this weekend

first_imgLead Actresses Emry and Stevi say the characters they are playing are very real women and the most realistic women they have ever played.The show runs May 2nd, 3rd and 4th at the North Peace Cultural Centre and tickets can be purchased at npcc.bc.ca. Tickets are $25 per Adult and $20 per Student/Senior.There will be a special Question and Answer period offered after curtain call with the audience. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Stage North Theatre Society presents their performance of Between the Sheets at the North Peace Cultural Centre.Between the Sheets is a story of a mother with a special needs son, who goes into an un-scheduled parent-teacher interview with her son’s teacher that she suspects is having more of a relationship with her husband then she would like.This play that is written by Jori Mand and directed by Rob Laventure is a drama and is performed in real-time and just one-act. The subject matter is based on adult content and suggested a 16+ audience.last_img read more

National Energy Board to hold oral summary argument regarding jurisdiction over the

first_imgThe oral summary argument is open to the public to attend. Anyone entering the hearing room will be required to sign-in at the door. Upon doing so, each attendee will be provided with a lanyard that must be worn at all times.The NEB has been taking steps through a process determined in December 2018.The issue presented to the board is the jurisdiction of the Coastal Gas Link Pipeline.After the board received applications filed by B.C. resident Michael Sawyer, who worked two decades in Alberta as an environmental consultant in the oil and gas sector argued that Coastal GasLink should have faced a federal environmental review instead of a provincial one.The Coastal GasLink pipeline will bring natural gas from Northeast B.C. to Kitimat, where it will be processed and shipped to Asian markets through Shell’s LNG Canada project.$6.2 billion will be invested in the Coastal GasLink pipeline project. CALGARY, AB – The National Energy Board (NEB) will hold oral summary for the final oral argument and reply of Coastal Gas Link and intervenors on May 2nd and 3rd.Starting at 9 a.m. on May 2 and 3, 2019 in the Board’s hearing room, which is located at:2nd Floor517 Tenth Avenue SWCalgary, Albertalast_img read more

Kejriwal says Modis nationalism is fake appeals traders not to fall in

first_imgNEW DELHI: A week before the Lok Sabha election in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday took the poll battle to unite the trader community of Delhi. “You have always voted for the BJP but this time I will urge traders to be with us and I promise that I will fight for your causes in every possible way. Modi’s nationalism is fake and do not fall in this trap again” said CM Kejriwal.A large number of Delhi voters belong to the trader community and this has always been a strong voter base of the BJP. However, from the ground reports due to the effect of sealing drive, the community faced troubles with their business. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehiclesThe BJP, which used to be traders’ party, has “broken the backbone” of the community, he alleged, adding thousands of notices are being sent to traders and all this is being done with the intention of “extorting” money from them. “The Modi government has unleashed ‘tax terrorism’ on traders,” CM Kejriwal said. “The policies of the Modi government have ruined traders. In a single stroke, demonetisation brought endless miseries to traders. When the traders’ community had barely recovered from this rude shock, the Modi government hastily brought in the GST, which nobody could understand since it was implemented without any proper planning,” he alleged. After note ban, the next jolt came in the form of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) which led to the closure of many shops and factories, causing loss of numerous jobs and heaped miseries on traders, the AAP leader claimed, adding under the Modi government, the traders’ community is feeling “orphaned”. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: Javadekar”I want to appeal to the traders of Delhi that so far you were with Modi, what did you get? Now build a relationship with Kejriwal, he will honour the relationship with you till his last breath,” he said. Referring to the violence in Mayapuri on April 13, Kejriwal claimed that the AAP intervened and stopped sealing drive. “Give all the seven Lok Sabha seats (of Delhi) to us, I will ensure that there is no sealing in the national capital. You (traders) strengthen our hands, we will ensure justice,” he said. Around 14 officials were injured after clashes broke out between the security personnel and scrap dealers during the sealing drive in Mayapuri on April 13.last_img read more

Giggs backs Bale to be the difference in Champions League final

first_imgGareth Bale can be the “difference” for Real Madrid in their Champions League final against Liverpool on Saturday, reckons Ryan GiggsThe Welsh winger has had a promising run of form lately with four goals in his last three games for Real with Zinedine Zidane having admitted that Bale’ sudden upturn in form has left him with a selection headache ahead of the final.The 28-year-old has often been left on the bench for Real’s Champions League knockout games this term and it remains uncertain on whether he has done enough to convince Zidane that he is worth a place in the starting eleven at Kiev.However, regardless of whether he starts or not, Giggs has backed his compatriot to make an “impact” on the outcome of Saturday’s final.“Every time Gareth plays he makes an impact,” said the Wales boss, according to Sky Sports.“It just shows the professional he is that he’s not sulking [when he’s a substitute] as he always seems to come on and score.divock origi, liverpoolReport: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“He’s one of the best players in the world and every time he comes on to that pitch he makes a difference.“Again that’s a credit to his professionalism, his hunger and desire to get in the team for that final.“He will be thinking if he starts in the Champions League, great.“But if he doesn’t, then he’s ready to score that winner anyway.”Bale has scored 19 goals and made 4 assists in his 35 appearances for Real this season.last_img read more