Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that the success of the state’s first two walk-up COVID-19 testing sites in Broward County is prompting state officials to introduce additional walk-up sites in Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties.Both of the Broward sites were set up in order to serve communities where residents do not have cars to get tested at drive-thru sites.These locations, located in Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale, are for individuals who showg symptoms consistent with the virus — fever, a dry cough, fatigue, and in some cases, a runny nose and congestion.Nearly 1,600 people have been swabbed at those two sites so far.Those who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive may also request a test between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.State officials also plan to expand testing to more residents of nursing homes and assisted-care facilities, and to roll out so-called antibody testing, which can assess whether individuals have had infections.The governor also said he has been encouraged with the leveling off of cases in our state, and that nearly 18,000 more tests will be processed as a result of a new lab contract.He also questioned the World Health Organization and China’s responses to the virus. “This World Health Organization, I think the president is right on that. They were basically parroting China talking points. The World Health Organization in January, after what we saw was going on, said there was no evidence, that the coronavirus was transmissible person-to-person,” DeSantis said.He added that he plans to encourage companies that make life-saving medical equipment to move their manufacturing operations out of China.As of Wednesday evening, 28,576 cases and 927 deaths have been confirmed in Florida.Palm Beach County has 2,403 cases and 131 deaths, while Broward has 4,228 cases and 141 fatalities.Miami-Dade County has the most confirmed cases in the state, at 10,153, along with 240 deaths.More than 290,400 people in Florida have had a COVID-19 test so far. That represents the third-largest amount in the country, although it comprises less than two percent of the state’s population. Florida is the third most populous state, after California and Texas.
ARCADIA, Calif. (Feb. 4, 2016)–Favored Danzing Candy made short work of eight rivals and established himself as a serious Derby contender in taking Thursday’s $58,000 allowance feature by 5 ¾ lengths while covering a flat mile under Mike Smith in 1:36.73.Breaking from post position six, Danzing Candy, who is conditioned by Cliff Sise, was hustled to a contending position by Smith, made the lead approaching the three quarter pole and then opened up on his competition turning for home, winning in-hand in only his third career start.“I like him a lot,” said Smith when asked if he thought his mount was a top-tier Derby hopeful. “Once he starts (breaking) better, then we can place him and then I think he’ll really be nice. He doesn’t have to be in front. I’m having to kind of use him there early and it puts him on the lead, but I don’t really want to be there.“The first time I won on him (maiden win going seven furlongs at Santa Anita on Dec. 26), I told Cliff ‘This might be the one that takes us that way.’ So far, I can’t say anything different today than I did then, other than today was even more impressive.”Off at even money, Danzing Candy paid $4.20, $3.20 and $2.80.A dark bay or brown colt by Twirling Candy, Danzing Candy was bred in Kentucky by Halo Farms and is owned by Halo Farms, Bashor and Bashor. Triple Crown nominated, Danzing Candy picked up $34,800 for the win, increasing his earnings to $68,650.“He ran good,” said Sise. “We’re staying home here at Santa Anita with him. He seems to like this track. The San Felipe (Grade II, $400,000 at 1 1/16 miles March 12), would be next. He’s so smooth. And, when someone comes up to him, he just takes off again.”Ridden by Kent Desormeaux, French Getaway was last into and around the first turn and made a steady late run to finish second, a head better than Semper Fortis. The third choice in the wagering at 6-1, French Getaway paid $5.40 and $3.60.Semper Fortis, who broke from the far outside with Mario Gutierrez, was caught four-wide throughout and just missed the place in a big effort as he finished 3 ¼ lengths in front of Shred the Rules. Off at 29-1, Semper Fortis paid $7.00 to show.Fractions on the race were 23.14, 46.60, 1:11.10 and 1:23.66.First post time on Friday at Santa Anita is at 1 p.m. Admission gates open at 11 a.m. GRADE II SAN FELIPE STAKES ON MARCH 12 IS NEXT ON ROAD TO $1 MILLION SANTA ANITA DERBY
0Shares0000Costa and Dybala played decisive roles to leave Juve on the verge of another Serie A crown © AFP / MARCO BERTORELLOMILAN, Italy, May 5 – Douglas Costa sparked an emphatic comeback as Juventus closed in on a seventh successive Serie A title on Saturday by recovering from a goal down to beat Bologna 3-1.Juventus entered the game in Turin with a four-point lead over chasing Napoli and just three matches of the season to play, but the hosts fell behind to a first-half penalty from Bologna’s Simone Verdi. However, an own goal from visiting defender Sebastien De Maio on 52 minutes allowed Juventus to draw level before Costa supplied Sami Khedira and then Paulo Dybala for two quick goals to seal the victory.Juventus’s six-year reign in Italy looked under threat a fortnight ago when Napoli snatched a dramatic 1-0 win over Massimiliano Allegri’s side, but last week’s late heroics in Milan left the Turin giants once again in charge of the title race.After Juventus threatened through Gonzalo Higuain and Alex Sandro, Bologna grabbed a surprise lead when Lorenzo Crisetig pounced on a sloppy pass from Gianluigi Buffon and was fouled in the area by Daniele Rugani.Italy striker Verdi calmly rolled the spot-kick past Buffon to send Bologna ahead on 30 minutes and quieten the expectant Allianz Stadium.The introduction of Brazilian Costa for Blaise Matuidi at half-time triggered an electrifying response from the home team and Juventus hit back when De Maio sliced an attempted clearance into his own net.Bologna nearly regained the lead after a defensive lapse left Emil Krafth alone in front of Buffon, the veteran keeper producing a marvellous fingertip stop to divert the ball onto the upright.– Costa makes his mark –That served as a wake-up call for Juventus who went ahead on 63 minutes as Costa’s deep cross floated over a flapping Mirante and was stroked home at the far post by Khedira.Another surging Costa run down the left produced his side’s third goal six minutes later when his low cross was brilliantly dispatched first-time by Dybala for his 22nd goal of the season.Juventus can clinch the title on Sunday if Napoli lose to mid-table Torino, otherwise victory in one of their final two matches — away to Roma and at home to relegated Verona — would also be enough.Earlier, AC Milan climbed back into the Europa League places with a 4-1 home win over Verona that consigned the visitors to an immediate return to Italy’s second division.Fabio Borini scored just his second league goal of the season © AFP / MIGUEL MEDINAFirst-half goals from Hakan Calhanoglu and Patrick Cutrone allowed Gennaro Gattuso’s side to grasp control at the San Siro, where Milan were beaten 1-0 by lowly Benevento in their last home game.Ignazio Abate added a third just after half-time with South Korean Lee Seung-Woo grabbing a consolation for Verona before Fabio Borini completed the rout in the final minute.Milan moved up to sixth, two points clear of Atalanta who travel to Lazio on Sunday, although they could also qualify directly for the Europa League by beating Juventus in the Italian Cup final on Wednesday.Verona suffered their fifth successive defeat, a run of results that has left them seven points adrift of safety with just two matches to play and confirms their relegation to Serie B alongside Benevento.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Yes, Jon Gruden and Co. haven’t done much to inspire anyone with the way they took the Raiders apart.Yet it had to be done.Gruden made it clear when he was hired by Mark Davis … ALAMEDA — As we wade through the disaster that is the 2018 Raiders, the question persists as to why it was necessary to dismantle a team that was one season removed from 12-4 and its first playoff berth in 14 years. CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceRAIDERS HQ
SAN JOSE — The Sharks have their top six defensemen ready and available at the moment after Radim Simek returned to the lineup earlier this week. Now coach Pete DeBoer is getting closer to having a full complement of forwards at his disposal, as well.Melker Karlsson remains out with an upper body injury, but center Dylan Gambrell, who had missed the last three games with a hand injury, returned Thursday night as the Sharks hosted the Minnesota Wild in their fourth game of six-game homestand. …
Meet the Skyscrapers, a Cape Town trio of pre-teen musicians taking South Africa by storm with their catchy pop music.The Skyscrapers are an up-and-coming band from Cape Town that write their own music and play their own instruments. (Image: Bandcamp)CD AndersonFormed two years ago, the Skyscrapers is a gifted band that make catchy but intelligent pop music with touches of jazz and African rhythms. The group comprises vocalist Mila Smith, aged 12, drummer Dan Buchalter and keyboard player Leo Letschert, who are both 11.Based in Cape Town, the band released their first seven-song album in September 2016 on the music purchasing website Bandcamp, to modest but increasing success. Popular songs on the album include original songs Confusion and Megaphone, as well as a knockout version of the jazz standard Summertime, made famous by Ella Fitzgerald and Janis Joplin.Listen to Summertime and purchase the Skyscrapers’ début album on Bandcamp here:<ahref=”http://skyscrapersband.bandcamp.com/album/possibility”>Possibility by Skyscrapers</a>The song highlights the incredible vocal skills of Mila, ably backed by Dan and Leo. Mila has been singing and writing songs since she was seven and is also a burgeoning musical theatre performer. The boys in the band are both currently studying classical and jazz music theory.As the Skyscrapers, the band, with back-up support from friends and family members who are all involved in the Cape Town music scene, perform regularly at local festivals and outdoor markets around the city.The Skyscrapers’ song Megaphone was used as the theme song for a DStv kids pop-up channel in December 2016. Watch the video below: Georgia Black, the band’s manager and Leo’s mother, makes sure the band keeps grounded in the often tumultuous culture of the music business. Speaking to the Superbalist website about the band, Black, who is also a full time music promoter in her own right, said “I make sure they’re not spoilt. What they earn must go towards [keeping the band going]. It’s come relatively easily to them and it’s important that they understand that they still need to work for it.”In between doing normal things kids do, like school and sport, the band manages to rehearse twice a week, jamming new ideas into workable songs and developing their performance skills.Musician Nathan Woodman, who has worked with South African artists such as Jeremy Loops and Good Luck, is part of the band’s support team, and vocal coach Sadé Ross. Part of their role in nurturing the band is keeping their love of music fresh and varied, introducing the kids to a wide scope of different styles of music: “We try and show them [music] that sounds cool, [but also to] bring it back to where it came from,” Woodman told Superbalist. Ross focuses on developing Mila’s voice, while also trying to maintain its uniqueness as it changes with age, saying “people often discard the natural voice and adopt [a] pop star’s habits. They try emulating others. But I’ve made Mila aware that there’s no longevity in that.”Despite the support, the sound and the success of the band comes down the three performers themselves, who, unlike most pop music performers their age, write their own music and play real instruments.The Skyscrapers are an up-and-coming band from Cape Town that write their own music and play their own instruments. (Image: Bandcamp)Mila writes the lyrics, while the composition of songs is a team effort. Usually Mila and Leo will create the melody together, with Dan adding the song’s backbone with drums. The whole team, including manager, producers and coaches, polish up the final song that fans will eventually hear on the album.Ultimately, the Skyscrapers want to create good music, music that is both catchy and that will endure. As the Superbalist website aptly concludes, “the Skyscrapers have towering talent and multiple stories to tell, so you’d better look up, because they may be small now but are surely destined for big things.”Watch the music video for the Skyscrapers’ song Confusion below: Brand South Africa reporterSource: The Superbalist Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.
Heavy weight, so pulls on hair. Very pretty well worth money. A nice present i got this for my partner and she. A nice present i got this for my partner and she likes it so much well worth the money an ideal shop. Very pretty but quite small. Really good value for money but take a very long time A NICE PRESENT I GOT THIS FOR MY PARTNER AND SHE Pretty posh earringsReally beautifulpretty hair slidesmall and prettySanwood Women’s Rhinestone Flower Crystal Hair Clip JewelryPackage Includes: 1 x Hair ClipMaterial: Alloy & RhinestoneLength x Width: 6cm/2.36” x 3cm/1.18” (Approx.) Really beautiful but doesn’t hold much hair for the size of the clip. Stunning and great valve for money. Very pretty and arrived in good time. The only thing that stopped me giving it a five is that it was smaller than thought. Lovely for a posh evening when i pin my hair up at the sides. Very pretty hair slide, great for a party. Fast delivery and properly packaged. Nicer and more sturdy than expected. Very pretty but unfortunately not good for thick hair won’t hold. Didnt go to waste perfect for my daughter. Beautiful hair accessory but a bit on the small side. Really good value for money but take a very long time. Really good value for money but take a very long time to arrive, so order well in advance of your occasion. The clip itself is beautiful but it will only close over very thin bits of hair. If you try to close it over thicker hair it just keeps popping open. You can’t go wrong for the price.
Porto’s Danilo Pereira, center, Pepe, center right, and Iker Casillas, far left, attend a training session at Anfield, Liverpool, England, Monday, April 8, 2019. Porto will play Liverpool in a Champions League quarter final soccer match on Tuesday. (Peter Byrne/PA via AP)Porto didn’t think twice when it saw an opportunity to bring in a veteran like Iker Casillas.The goalkeeper was gradually losing his starting place at Real Madrid, the team where he thrived for more than a decade, and Porto immediately grabbed the chance to lure him in to a new career in Portugal.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss LATEST STORIES Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte “We have a two-goal deficit to make up against a very strong team that is quick on the break,” Porto coach Sergio Conceicao said Tuesday. “Getting the attacking balance right is fundamental. We have to work for defensive organization and we are 100 percent focused and aware of what our opponents are doing.”Casillas didn’t play when Porto was routed 5-0 by Liverpool at the Estadio do Dragao last season in a first-leg match in the round of 16 of the Champions League. Conceicao’s decision at the time to go with Jose Sa in goal proved costly, as the demoralizing home defeat started with a mistake by the goalkeeper.The coach isn’t expected to make the same mistake this time, and Casillas is set to start on Wednesday against Liverpool’s powerful attacking trio of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane, the players who netted all five goals in Liverpool’s rout last season.“Last year was a false result,” Liverpool midfielder James Milner said. “We know how good they are.”Casillas was in the Real Madrid team that lost 5-0 on aggregate to Liverpool in the round of 16 of the Champions League in 2009, but he succeeded against the English team in a pair of victories for the Spanish club in the group stage of the 2014-15 season. The 37-year-old goalkeeper won three Champions League trophies with Real Madrid, in addition to one World Cup and two European Championships with Spain’s national team.ADVERTISEMENT Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated When Boston Marathon turned into a sprint, Kenya’s Lawrence Cherono was ready Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess MOST READ He is the player with the most appearances and most clean sheets in Champions League history, and has played the most consecutive seasons in the competition.Helping Casillas on Wednesday will be the return of central defender Pepe, who also has the experience of having won three Champions League titles with Real Madrid. Pepe missed the first leg in England because of a suspension, as did playmaker Hector Herrera.“There is no desire for revenge. Last year’s result is in the past,” Herrera said. “We have a great opportunity to continue to make history and we do not want to waste this opportunity. They have the advantage, but I believe in the ability we have as players and as a team. I am very confident and I believe we can get a good result and keep our Champions League dream alive.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next The club knew all that international experience and those numerous Champions League records would soon come in handy.With the Spanish World Cup winner in goal, Porto won its first Portuguese title in five years, and is playing in the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time since 2014-15. It is trying to reach the semifinals for the first time since it won the tournament in 2004 under Jose Mourinho for its biggest triumph.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsPorto on Wednesday will need the best of Casillas — who signed from Real Madrid in the summer of 2015 — to reverse a 2-0 first-leg deficit against Liverpool.A clean sheet by the veteran Spaniard will be crucial if Porto is to advance, as a goal conceded at the Estadio do Dragao will force the Portuguese side to score four times to reach the last four. DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew View comments