Glashan has the tools to go all the way to the top of the game.Gavin MortimerThis article appeared in the March 2011 issue of Rugby World Magazine TAGS: Edinburgh Rugby Alex Glashan with All Black Sonny Bill WilliamsAlex Glashan announced himself to the rugby world with a Man of the Match performance in March 2009 as his Edinburgh Academy side beat George Watson’s College in the final of the Scottish Schools U15 Cup at Murrayfield.Since then the 17-year-old scrum-half’s rise has been as steady as one of his passes, and Scotland U18 head coach Grant McKelvey believes Glashan is destined for great things. “He fits the mould of the modern No 9,” says McKelvey. “He’s tall and has the pace of a wing, an excellent breaking game and a good kicking game.”Glashan is involved in the Scottish Academy programme, a facet of which is to align young talent with an established professional player in the same position. Glashan has Mike Blair, also a product of Edinburgh Academy, as his ‘mentor’ and the two have spent time working on the youngster’s game. Blair is also accessible on email should Glashan wish to pick his brains.The teenager toured Spain last summer with McKelvey’s U18 squad and the coach envisages Glashan featuring prominently in this year’s U18 Six Nations. “Despite being a year young he coped well in Spain. I’ve no doubt he’ll be able to cope with playing the likes of England U18 and the French,” he says.“One of Alex’s strengths is his character; he’s very self-aware and works hard to improve all areas of his game. Every task we’ve set Alex he’s completed to a high standard. He has a maturity beyond his years.”RUGBY WORLD VERDICT LATEST RUGBY WORLD MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION DEALS Do you want to buy the issue of Rugby World in which this article appeared? Back Issues Contact John Denton Services at 01733-385-170 visit http://mags-uk.com/ipcOr perhaps you’d like a digital version of the magazine delivered direct to your PC, MAC or Ipad? If so click here.
Howard Lake | 15 September 2003 | News 28 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Advertisement The Commission’s guide entitled ‘Charities and Insurance (CC49)’ has been comprehensively revised.The four-part document acknowledges the steep rises in insurance costs experienced by many charities and “seeks to offer practical ./guidance to charities to help them decide what cover they actually need.” It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities faced by trustees with regard to insurance, and stresses the need for risk management. Charity Commission updates guidance on insurance for charities About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Tagged with: Finance Management AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis
Hello, Dolly! Related Shows View Comments Bette Midler Put on your Sunday clothes (and coats)! According to Bette Midler, Hello, Dolly! rehearsals start in January 2017, which means eager fans are that much closer to seeing the stage and screen superstar hop into the iconic musical theater role. The Divine Miss M stopped by Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist to discuss spring’s hot Broadway ticket and the fans who have made it so. “I hope to do them proud,” Midler said. We’re sure she will! Take a look at the full interview below, and be sure to see Hello, Dolly! when it bows at the Shubert Theatre in March 2017. Show Closed This production ended its run on Aug. 25, 2018
APTN National NewsDene hand games are going on in full force at this year’s Arctic Winter Games.APTN National News reporter Cullen Crozier takes a closer look at this game of drums and misdirection.
NEW YORK, N.Y. – Ikea relaunched a recall of 29 million chests and dressers in the U.S. and Canada Tuesday after the death of an eighth child.CEO Lars Petersson said Ikea wants to increase awareness of the recall campaign for several types of chest and dressers that can easily tip over if not properly anchored to a wall.The death of a California toddler, who was found trapped underneath an Ikea Malm dresser in May, has raised questions about whether Ikea has effectively spread the word about the recall, which was first announced in June 2016. The Swedish retailer and the federal safety regulators are asking customers to take immediate action to secure the dressers, or to return them.Petersson said Ikea has had an “extensive communication” campaign through social media, its website and television and print ads. The company emailed 13 million people about the recall two months ago, he said.Still, he said heightening awareness of the recall is necessary “because we think that it’s so important to reach as many people as possible.”Acting CPSC chairman Ann Marie Buerkle said that people who own the furniture can take care of any potential hazards by contacting Ikea.The recall, which applies only to customers in the U.S. and Canada, is for children’s chests and drawers taller than 23.5 inches and adult chests and dressers taller than 29.5 inches. Customers should contact Ikea for a free wall-mounting kit. The company is also offering to send crews to attach them in the home.Ikea is offering full refunds for anyone who no longer wants the furniture. Customers can bring them to a store, or Ikea will pick them up.At least eight children under the age of three have been killed when an Ikea dresser fell on them, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The first death occurred 28 years ago and the others occurred after 2002.The latest death was Jozef Dudek, 2, of Buena Park, California. The toddler had been put down for a nap when his father went in to check on him and found him under the dresser, according to details released by lawyers retained by the family.Alan Feldman, one of the lawyers representing the Dudek family, said Ikea’s recall has been “poorly publicized” and “ineffective in getting these defective and unstable dressers out of children’s bedrooms.”The same team of lawyers represented the families of three toddlers who died when Ikea dressers fell on them. Ikea reached a $50 million settlement with the families last December.Petersson said that more than 1 million dressers of have been returned for a refund or have been secured to walls with Ikea’s help since 2015, when the company first offered free wall-mounting kits.Buerkle said Ikea has “worked hard to make this an effective recall.” She said it presents customers with an array of options “and is as least burdensome to the consumer as it could be.”Ikea said the recalled products are sold with instructions that they had to be attached to walls. Petersson emphasized the recalled units are safe when this is done.The recall is for all Ikea chest and dressers that do not comply with U.S. voluntary industry standards. They included 8 million Malm chest and dressers that were sold from 2002 through June 2016.Peterson said that Ikea has stopped selling products that do not adhere to U.S. voluntary standards.
FREDERICTON — New Brunswick’s Progressive Conservative government has tabled a $600-million capital budget that dramatically turns away from the big spending of the previous Liberal government.Finance Minister Ernie Steeves says hard decisions are needed now about what government can afford if the province is to return to balanced budgets by 2020 or sooner.The previous Liberal government tabled an $815.3 million capital budget last year, and had projected to spend $865.6 million for the coming year.The Tories have released a five-year plan that would see capital spending at roughly $600 million each year.Steeves says the plan will focus on maintaining roads, bridges and buildings.The biggest spending in 2019-2020 is $321 million to maintain transportation infrastructure, while almost $124 million goes to health care infrastructure, and $60.2 million in school infrastructure — including new elementary schools in Hanwell and Moncton.The Canadian Press
“On reflection of our adjusted Forecast for 2018, we can’t help but note there is a continued shift by the E&P’s from gas to oil well drilling. That shift to oil is easily supported by the ‘lower for longer’ price outlook for Canadian natural gas. We’re also seeing a geographic shift, forecasting 110 less wells to be drilled in B.C than in 2017. While this doesn’t seem like a large number, one needs to keep in mind that these are some of the most complex and ‘service intensive’ wells being drilled in North America today. We estimate these 110 wells represent over $850 million in capital that won’t be spent in B.C. this year. On the winning side of the equation is Saskatchewan which we estimate will see just over 300 additional wells drilled than 2017. We estimate the capital cost to drill those wells is approximately $400 million. When you add those two scenarios together, we’re conservatively looking at approximately $450 million less capital being deployed in Canada than our earlier forecasted numbers suggested.”Whalen said that completion of the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain expansion is but one key imperative to restoring investor confidence in Canada. Equally important, he said, is the need for Canada to communicate its energy brand internationally, one that proudly speaks to resource development that’s responsible, safe, ethical and to the highest environmental standards in the world.“The International Energy Agency (IEA) recently projected that global demand for energy will increase 31 per cent by 2040. This increase includes a 49 per cent increase in demand for natural gas and a 12 per cent increase in demand for oil. Canada must be an active contributor in providing affordable, reliable natural resources to energy constrained developing nations to help lift them out of energy poverty so they too can enjoy the standard of living and quality of life that we Canadians enjoy.” CALGARY, A.B. — The Petroleum Services Association of Canada released its midyear update to its 2018 Canadian Drilling Activity Forecast, and lowered the forecast for the number of wells drilled across Canada for 2018 by six percent.PSAC is forecasting that 7,400 wells will be drilled in Canada this year, 500 less than its original forecast of 7,900 made last October. PSAC has based its updated forecast on an average natural gas price of $1.75 CDN/million cubic feet (AECO), a crude oil price of US$61.45/barrel, and a Canada-US exchange rate averaging $0.79.“While our oilfield services sector is marginally busier than it was last year at this time, this hasn’t necessarily translated into financial bottom lines that signal business sustainability,” said PSAC President and CEO Tom Whalen. “In fact, we still have a number of services companies making staff reduction adjustments of 5-15 percent. This pales in comparison to the 40-60 percent staff reductions we saw mid-2015 to the end of 2016, but still a very telling sign that our services sector is far from healthy.”“The improved WTI price shift into the mid to high $60’s is certainly a welcome sign for our industry. However, the disconnect and volatility of the differential between WTI and WCS pricing means that exploration and production (E&P) companies and Canadians are not benefiting to the same level as our ‘energy independent’ focused southern neighbour. It’s shameful that we continue to sell our oil to the U.S. at a steep discount to WTI, short-changing Canadians over $15 billion per year. The sooner we expand our customer base, the better off Canadians and quite frankly, the rest of the world will be.”On a provincial basis for 2018, PSAC forecasts that approximately 32 percent fewer wells will be drilled in B.C., with PSAC’s revised forecast now at 500 wells, down from 730 in the original forecast. PSAC now estimates 3,800 wells to be drilled in Alberta, down from 4,000 wells in the original forecast. The revised forecast for Saskatchewan now sits at 2,840 wells compared to 2,930 wells in the original forecast, and Manitoba is forecasted to see 255 wells or a jump of 25 in well count for 2018.
Lead Actresses Emry and Stevi say the characters they are playing are very real women and the most realistic women they have ever played.The show runs May 2nd, 3rd and 4th at the North Peace Cultural Centre and tickets can be purchased at npcc.bc.ca. Tickets are $25 per Adult and $20 per Student/Senior.There will be a special Question and Answer period offered after curtain call with the audience. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Stage North Theatre Society presents their performance of Between the Sheets at the North Peace Cultural Centre.Between the Sheets is a story of a mother with a special needs son, who goes into an un-scheduled parent-teacher interview with her son’s teacher that she suspects is having more of a relationship with her husband then she would like.This play that is written by Jori Mand and directed by Rob Laventure is a drama and is performed in real-time and just one-act. The subject matter is based on adult content and suggested a 16+ audience.
NEW DELHI: A week before the Lok Sabha election in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday took the poll battle to unite the trader community of Delhi. “You have always voted for the BJP but this time I will urge traders to be with us and I promise that I will fight for your causes in every possible way. Modi’s nationalism is fake and do not fall in this trap again” said CM Kejriwal.A large number of Delhi voters belong to the trader community and this has always been a strong voter base of the BJP. However, from the ground reports due to the effect of sealing drive, the community faced troubles with their business. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehiclesThe BJP, which used to be traders’ party, has “broken the backbone” of the community, he alleged, adding thousands of notices are being sent to traders and all this is being done with the intention of “extorting” money from them. “The Modi government has unleashed ‘tax terrorism’ on traders,” CM Kejriwal said. “The policies of the Modi government have ruined traders. In a single stroke, demonetisation brought endless miseries to traders. When the traders’ community had barely recovered from this rude shock, the Modi government hastily brought in the GST, which nobody could understand since it was implemented without any proper planning,” he alleged. After note ban, the next jolt came in the form of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) which led to the closure of many shops and factories, causing loss of numerous jobs and heaped miseries on traders, the AAP leader claimed, adding under the Modi government, the traders’ community is feeling “orphaned”. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: Javadekar”I want to appeal to the traders of Delhi that so far you were with Modi, what did you get? Now build a relationship with Kejriwal, he will honour the relationship with you till his last breath,” he said. Referring to the violence in Mayapuri on April 13, Kejriwal claimed that the AAP intervened and stopped sealing drive. “Give all the seven Lok Sabha seats (of Delhi) to us, I will ensure that there is no sealing in the national capital. You (traders) strengthen our hands, we will ensure justice,” he said. Around 14 officials were injured after clashes broke out between the security personnel and scrap dealers during the sealing drive in Mayapuri on April 13.
Manuel Neuer has been out of play for the majority of the ongoing season but he is finally back in a light training practising with the ball – and he impressed Jupp Heynckes with his fitness.Goalkeeping coach Toni Tapalovic had the first training session with Neuer and it was filmed and handed to Jupp Heynckes afterwards – and the coach admitted that he was really impressed by what he saw.The experienced German manager spoke about Neuer’s condition as he said, according to Goal:“Toni trained with Manuel yesterday and of course we’re recording all of it. So, I watched him train [on the video].”Report: Bayern are held by Leipzig George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Bayern Munich was held to another draw, this time by RB Leipzig.Bayern Munich finds themselves in the unfamiliar position of sitting third in the…“He looked very good. I talked to him and he is in very good shape. His foot coped well with the workload, there was no reaction.”“Now we have to wait and see what the physios come up with, what plan is best.”“We have a clear plan which we’ll stick to and we’ll see when he can train fully.”“I told him that I’d really like it if he were able to be with us in Augsburg to celebrate with the rest of the team if we secured the title.”